Wellspring Personal Care's Home Care Metrics uses an outcome focused approach to managing the care of chronically ill, community dwelling older adults and disabled persons. Our core competencies are derived from a fully integrated social/medical model of care, incorporating change, maintenance, and prevention strategies. We work collaboratively with hospitals, physicians, home health, hospice, and community based support services to coordinate care, and provide valuable feedback to our clients’ healthcare teams. We use a client directed philosophy of care, incorporating social, emotional and health care goals into a comprehensive plan of treatment. Wellspring Personal Care services are available by the hour or live-in for individuals with short or long term care needs.
Copyright 2011. Wellspring Personal Care. All Rights Reserved.
- Intensive daily high-touch working relationships with our chronically ill clients
- Mental health and behavioral change expertise to engage resistant clients
- Web based Personal Health Records to enable our clients, family caregivers and our clinical management team to work in synergy with our clients’ health care providers
- Proven success in working with a population whose complex medical and cognitive impairments would most likely result in multiple hospitalizations annually, or nursing home placement
- The ability to monitor and report how well patients achieve clinical goals as defined by their health care team
Wellspring Personal Care Team
- Meets with your patients and the discharge planning team at the bedside prior to discharge
- Prepares an outcome focused treatment plan that is aligned with the identified healthcare goals
- Accompanies patients (when indicated) to outpatient visits, and provides your team with access to their updated web based Personal Health Record
- Increases the number of your patients in the targeted population who can participate in the management of their chronic health conditions with the help of our team
- Shares information during patient transitions across healthcare settings
- Decreases utilization by encouraging patient compliance with the plan of treatment
Personal Health Records
The challenge that most health care institutions face as they plan post-discharge care for their patients, is how to ensure coordinated follow-up over the long term. For patients at high risk for an avoidable hospital readmission, once they return home, ongoing communication among health care providers is vital. When chronically ill patients choose private duty care at home, they should be afforded seamless care coordination. Wellspring Personal Care developed Home Care Metrics an innovative method for healthcare information sharing that uses existing web based technologies, combined with high touch care management.
Through our support, Wellspring Personal Care clients create their own Personal Health record that serves as a content rich repository of information from multiple contributors including: the patient, family, the Wellspring team, home health, physicians, laboratories, and pharmacies. Home Care Metrics improves access to health information, improves coordination of preventive health and health maintenance, and provides information to serve as the basis for quality improvement efforts.
- With assistance from Wellspring Personal Care, the parameters of the web based personal health record can be set by the patient, or responsible party, including how and when information may be shared.
- In an emergency situation, the patient, or responsible party, can provide the medical team, and others, limited access to the PHR for just this purpose.
- Health information can be easily updated by the Wellspring Team to make sure it stays current.
- The Wellspring Team uses the PHR to capture and graph key measurements such as blood pressure, blood glucose, weight, dietary intake, output, sleep and physical activity. Psycho-metric scales can be added to the PHR and used to monitor behavior and or mood.
- Laboratory reports and up to date prescription records may be uploaded into the PHR and updated automatically.
- The Wellspring Team assures that information stored in the PHR is also printed when indicated, and taken to all medical appointments.
For additional information on Home Care Metrics or to refer a patient, please call Wellspring Personal Care at (312)648-1565
Our Team is available 24 hours a day
Serving Cook, DuPage, Lake & Northern Will Counties
E x p e r t i s e I n n o v a t i o n B e t t e r O u t c o m e s a t H o m e
Home Care Metrics Process.
"Sharing Healthcare Outcomes Across the Care Continuum"
Illinois Department of Public Health Licensed Agency
Founding Member of the National Private Duty Association